With the night’s drawing in and the Autumn weather bringing out the jackets, gloves and scarves, I thought it a great time to focus on the pleasures of this beautiful season and how you can incorporate this into your wedding day.
Now, I am a summer girl deep down – I love the sunshine, the heat, being outside, going barefoot, sitting on the beach … but fall is such a beautiful time of years with the change of colors and the weather here in the South is still warm during the day before cooling off in the evenings.
‘Fall’ing in love…
I’m thinking…..open fires, long walks on a beautiful crisp sunny day kicking up the autumn leaves, followed by a roast dinner and a pint at the pub in front of a roaring log fire. Bonfire night and all it encompasses – mulled wine, roast chestnuts, hog roasts, bonfires, fireworks and sparklers. Hearty warm stews with fresh crusty bread.
Autumn Wedding Love
The autumn months are a great time to get married. If you’re getting married in the south, most you may consider having your wedding & reception outside but some decide to move the party indoors after the “I Do’s” because it begins to cool off. The abundance of color with the changing leaves and autumnal skies makes for amazing backdrops to your photographs. And work with the seasons, incorporate flowers that are in season such as gerbera, roses, hydrangeas, dahlias and the beautifully rich red mango calla lillies to create a striking colourful look.
TLC Event’s Autumn wedding ideas:
- Serve mulled wine at your drinks reception instead of champagne – saving you money and warming your guests on a cold day!
- Mini-toffee apples are a fun idea to serve on your dessert table or for the young ones in your wedding party
- Hold a fireworks display or have guests release flying lanterns into the sky to create a dramatic send off at the end of the night
- If your venue doesn’t allow fireworks or lanterns, why not give sparklers to each guest to create to create a walkway of light for your send off.
- Use autumn flowers that are in season to help keep the costs of your flowers & decorations down
- Why not serve a hog roast for your evening buffet – perfect for venues that have an outside area with patio heaters!
What are you planning to have at your Autumn wedding? We’d love to hear your ideas!
Don’t forget to check out our latest board about Autumn Weddings on Pinterest!